Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Later Post Than The "A Really Late Post"

Hello 05 ,

I’ve been looking through at the older posts of our classmates and commenting on them. Some of them were really great posts and helped me clarify doubts which I wasn’t able to ask Ms. Tang. Also, reading through those posts helped me revise what I had been learning during these exciting geography lessons. Yes, now I believe exciting is the very word for geography, especially more so when we have Ms. Tang teaching us. (:

I believe the core of the module lies in looking at everything as a whole and linking parts up to form a complete picture. We need to think in terms of systems that interconnect with one another. These systems help regulate the Earth and we must be very careful not to interfere and affect them, since this can upset the balance of nature and harm our dear Earth and in due time, ourselves. In fact, we should actively try to prevent global problems from happening and solve existing ones like pollution, global warming to save the planet that is home to us.

These lessons have helped me find out how nature functions, something which I had always wondered but was too lazy to find out. Also, I have learned that it is quite useless to memorize stuff like a parrot without actually understanding what they mean. Knowledge acquired by memorising will never last you for a long time, and understanding about nature is much more exciting and fun. ^_^

Dat Tran

No comments:

Post a Comment